Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Finalizing options on new 2286 DL Tritoon. Suggestions?!

DoubleA
DoubleA Member Posts: 6
Hi everyone,

New to the forums here.  Put a down payment on a 2017 2286 DL and am meeting the dealer this weekend to review final options, colors etc.  Some wants/needs are high carrying capacity (usually have large groups), ability to pull tubes and skiers on occasion.

So far the options discussed include:
- Yamaha 115hp
- 25" Sport Tube (OB): w/ 3rd 25" Tube, lifting strakes, standard pan and tank, HD channels
- Metro Gray vinyl; entire deck
- Bluetooth/App Ready/AUX and 4 Silver Speakers
- Ski Tow Bar (Basic)
- 3x Hook Depth/Fish Finder
- Changing Room
- Cooler; 25-Qt Carry-on
- Hyd. steering w/ tilt wheel
- Upgrade Cpt. Chair
- Play Pen Cover
- Soft Touch Vinyl

Things I'm thinking of changing or upgrading to are:
- 25" Triple Tube Package (OB): For $1,200 more it includes full underdeck skin and inside skirting, launch pad, 35 gal tank, GPS speedo.  I'm hoping this gives even more speed due to reduction in drag.
- Interested in doing individual seat covers instead of the play pen cover.  Thoughts?
- Entertainment Center (built-in sink w/ hand pump and cooler storage).  Not sure where this would go but saw it on Build-a-Boat.
- Upgrade to Light-it-up stereo (not sure what the difference here is.)
- Ski Tow Bar upgrade to the Premium one.  Will this be needed for tubing or is the basic one fine?
- Adjustable Pedestal and Base for Cpt. Chair
- Bow Cooler Table (I've seen mixed thoughts on here about these vs. using your own cooler)
- Lighting; mood accents under seat
- Porta-Potti
- Bow Filler Seat.  Anyone have this?  Was hoping it would increase seating capacity and look "factory".
- Gen2 Hyd. steering (not sure what's better about this over the standard Hyd.)

Obviously want to do this right the first time so I was hoping to hear from owners about any possible regrets of options that either you wish you had or wish you didn't waste the money on etc.

Thanks!

Aaron

Comments

• Boomer
    Boomer Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    I have similar setup 2015 2286 Tri Tune 115 Yahama runs 34 MPH with 2 aboard sweet spot is 20-22 MPH very happy with the boat. I added my own Depth Finder and bought my port a pot on line big $ savings. The bigger logs are standard when you upgrade to tri-tune. Mine is Black am very satisfied with everything but the mooring cover it's a bear to put on. 

• CRF
    CRF Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of individual seat covers as long as there's no carpet to protect. I would buy my own cooler, I have the screwed down weathertech corners to keep mine in place.
  • DoubleA
    Boomer said:
    I have similar setup 2015 2286 Tri Tune 115 Yahama runs 34 MPH with 2 aboard sweet spot is 20-22 MPH very happy with the boat. I added my own Depth Finder and bought my port a pot on line big $ savings. The bigger logs are standard when you upgrade to tri-tune. Mine is Black am very satisfied with everything but the mooring cover it's a bear to put on. 

Yea, even more convincing to go with individual covers.  Does your Tri-Toon have the package that includes the full aluminum under deck and inside skirting w/ gps speedo etc.?  I ask because there are two Tri Toon packages and that seems to be the major difference.  

• DoubleA
    CRF said:
    I like the idea of individual seat covers as long as there's no carpet to protect. I would buy my own cooler, I have the screwed down weathertech corners to keep mine in place.

I'm confused.  Do you mean you screwed weathertech tile pieces to your cooler to keep it from sliding around?
  • Boomer
    25 Quart Cooler comes with the boat it fits very neatly under the console. I priced those seat covers near $1000. I had another cover made for mine, as I keep it in storage I use the cover that came with the boat. When in the water I park my pontoon beside my Houseboat and use the new cover. 
  • Boomer
    You'll want to get one of these cup holders from your dealer it will match your interior moves around in your lounge seating very handy Image result for pontoon cup holders
  • CRF
    CRF Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    weathertech make non slid corners for use in trunks of cars & backs of SUVs. I screwed 2 down, the other side is held in by the side of the boat. It works very well, trailerd all over without a problem but it lifts right out. CargoTech
  • Boomer
    DoubleA  Yes the underpin was included all of the things you listed are standard when you buy the Tri Tune package except fish finder, Bluetooth Stereo, and changing room. I wish I had upgraded to the Bluetooth but they just wanted to sell me one and no credit on the one that was in the boat. That Radio Stereo is a lot cheaper at Best Buy and an easy swap out. Whenever mine quits I will upgrade. But I have a ton of Music on my IPad about 4 days worth so I just plug it in. OH and the bow cooler table to me it would just get in the way and I bet it's a pretty penny
  • tarheel
    tarheel Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    I've owned a 2500 Sanpan for a few years with many of these options and want to give you my two cents....

So far the options discussed include:
    - Yamaha 115hp
    - 25" Sport Tube (OB): w/ 3rd 25" Tube, lifting strakes, standard pan and tank, HD channels
    - Metro Gray vinyl; entire deck
    - Bluetooth/App Ready/AUX and 4 Silver Speakers
    - Ski Tow Bar (Basic)
    - 3x Hook Depth/Fish Finder
    - Changing Room
    - Cooler; 25-Qt Carry-on
    - Hyd. steering w/ tilt wheel
    - Upgrade Cpt. Chair
    - Play Pen Cover
    - Soft Touch Vinyl

Things I'm thinking of changing or upgrading to are:
    - 25" Triple Tube Package (OB): For $1,200 more it includes full underdeck skin and inside skirting, launch pad, 35 gal tank, GPS speedo.  I'm hoping this gives even more speed due to reduction in drag.
    ++ worth every penny for this package. More speed - quieter ride - and the larger fuel tank is super convenient

- Interested in doing individual seat covers instead of the play pen cover.  Thoughts?
    ++ don't own covers so cannot comment

- Entertainment Center (built-in sink w/ hand pump and cooler storage).  Not sure where this would go but saw it on Build-a-Boat.
    ++ you will lose seating space and add weight

- Upgrade to Light-it-up stereo (not sure what the difference here is.)
    ++ fancy lights don't make the sound improve

- Ski Tow Bar upgrade to the Premium one.  Will this be needed for tubing or is the basic one fine?
    ++ if you pull skiers or tubers, i would recommend this option as the upgraded bar is very solid and makes me feel good about loads

- Adjustable Pedestal and Base for Cpt. Chair
    ++ you are making the payments so why not ride in style. Captain chairs are super comfy

- Bow Cooler Table (I've seen mixed thoughts on here about these vs. using your own cooler)
    ++ while nice and well made, it doesn't seal the ice well and melts much quicker than bring-on coolers, plus it takes up valuable walking space

- Lighting; mood accents under seat
    ++ nice, but they don't put out much light, but does add some bling and they do help at night

- Porta-Potti
    - Bow Filler Seat.  Anyone have this?  Was hoping it would increase seating capacity and look "factory".
    ++considered this also...if you have many passengers then worth it, although you can order it at any time through dealer

- Gen2 Hyd. steering (not sure what's better about this over the standard Hyd.)
    ++unsure about these options

Obviously want to do this right the first time so I was hoping to hear from owners about any possible regrets of options that either you wish you had or wish you didn't waste the money on etc.

Thanks!

Aaron

• lovetoboat
    lovetoboat Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    the hook3x dosent have gps-found out when Iinstalled mine. got a hook5{no x} that has gps and speed -plus the screen is much easier to see-not installed yet-to cold. also watch out for the tow bar-most are for sking-not tubing. the playpen cover is a pain to setup especily if it covers the bow and stern.I got the seat covers{not installed too cold} had them on previous boat and they save from sun damage.Congrats on your toon
  • DoubleA
    Guys thanks so much for the feedback!  Just left the dealer and added quite a few options.  Ended up with:

Charcoal Gray '17 2286 DL, Gray Metro Flooring, Slate Int.
    • Triple Toon 25" (GTP) Pkg. (skirting, strakes, launch pad, 35 gal, gps speedo)
    • Yamaha 150hp engine
    • Hyd. Steering
    • Ski-Tow Bar
    • Individual seat covers and play pen cover
    • Changing Room
    • Hook 3X fish/depth
    • 25Qt. Cooler
    • Extra table mount up front
    • Mood Lighting
    • Bow Filler Seat
    • Polk "Turn it Up" didn't bother with "Light it up"
    • LED Dock lights and Under Deck Lights
    • Wicker wrapped seat boxes
    • 10 Year Godfrey bumper to bumper warranty; 5 year Yamaha
    My only regret is the railing which I liked in black anodize a lot, it was another $1,000 and the dealer talked me out of it and said it's new and probably will show wear and scratches and not worth it.  But I think it looks slick with the charcoal coloring.  Hopefully don't regret that.  I have to call them on Monday because I have a feeling he upgraded me to the 27" GTP tubes, not the 25" because he listed (45 Gallon tank) next to the Triple Toon package option which is the tank size for the 27" toons.  I've heard issues with those 27" pulling the motor too high out of water and cavitating etc. so I'd rather not bother and stick with 25".
  • tarheel
    tarheel Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Sounds like an awesome boat...railing takes a beating on most pontoons so may be good advise on that one.  For the Polks...give them a few hours playing before cranking up the volume. They need time to flex.
    Enjoy !!!