Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Simrad Go5 XSE

CptChewie
CptChewie Member Posts: 2
Question , my new 2021 came with the flush mounted simrad GO5 , I was considering purchasing a navionics + card for it , but wanted to know in other people’s opinions if it’s worth it . Or is the simrad chart that comes pre installed , just as good? I’m mainly going to use it for depth and fishing as lakes and ponds are shallow in my state .  Not sure if one chart over the other has more detail available. 

Comments

• CraigModerator
    CraigModerator Member, Moderator Posts: 25
    I was hoping to see some other owners of your unit comment on their experience.

My experience is using the Navionics card with my Lowrance HDS 7.  I think the answer is how much detail will aid you in the water(s) you travel most.  There is significantly more detail listed on the Navionics card, even at the base level including navigational aids when comparing what came built-in verses adding the card.

Maybe your newer Simrad unit has better internal graphics than mine, but I felt the Navionics card was worth the money.
  • rickycobble
    rickycobble Member Posts: 4
    Navionics shows much more detail on the charts.  It is a game changer for me.