Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Power Bimini

My power Bimini top raised part way and stopped, now it will not go up or down, checked electric breaker switch and not tripped. 

Answers

• CraigModerator
    CraigModerator Member, Moderator Posts: 25
    You may have poor connection to the electric actuator, or the actuator itself is bad.  See if there is a way to check if the actuator itself is getting power.
  • gerk1
    gerk1 Member Posts: 1
    2016 AP 240 Elite with electric bimini....it is stuck in the up position and I need to get my boat out and trailered to storage. Guessing bad motor, brushes, or actuator....but is there any sort of manual release or workaround I can use to put it down manually ASAP?  I can troubleshoot the motor in the winter.  Thanks!
  • curtis181
    curtis181 Member Posts: 1
    I am sure you have this all figured out by now. Maybe if someone else has this issue this may be of some help.

I recently bought a 2022 aquapatio and the Bimini top stopped working. I called the dealer, they asked a few questions about if the breaker had tripped. the up/down button for the Bimini was connected to the same circuit breaker that the cup chiller was on and it was working. they wanted me to bring it in. thats a 2 hour trip one way. So, I asked if there would mind if I tried to troubleshoot it myself. I was told it was ok to do so and would not void any warrantee. I started testing the switch and there was no power. started trying to follow the wiring as best as I could. Couldn't see a **** thing so I looked at the wire colors hoping that that would give me clues next to the battery, turns out, I was right. let me directly to a FUSE. no one knew it was fused? it was also marked as "Arch 15 amp" and not Bimini like I would have thought. replaced the 15A fuse, and it worked. took the boat out the next day, Bimini wouldn't work. Fuse blew again, replaced, worked, the blew another fuse. I called the dealer, they told me to replace the 15A fuse with a 20A. So far, raised and lowered 3 or 4 times and it has worked. The higher amperage also allows it to work a bit faster as well.

I hope this helps someone. :)

-Curtis
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] USAPosts: 0 admin
    edited August 2022
    You should be able to remove the end cap and there is a set screw in there that should release the arm. Have someone hold the frame so it does not fall into your rails. 
  • Schmaltz
    Schmaltz Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2022 
    Godfrey Sweetwater Xperience 2286 SBX. Do they make a powered Bimini top for this model? My dealer doesn’t seem to know.