Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2500 FE trailer options

Options
Bob225
Bob225 Member Posts: 0

('06) SanPan 2500 FE tri-toon with 225.  I have access to a two bunk trailer, can I haul it with this trailer or would I need to purchase a trailer with 3 bunks?  I assume the extra toon doesn't add to much weight but what about the outboard?  I assume this pontoon can be made with two bunks and a 225 and the frame supports the extra weight.  Maybe not?  I don't want to purchase a new trailer unless I need to. 

Thanks Bob

Comments

• Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 137 admin
    Options
    @Bob225 ... checking on this to see what Engineering Dept has to say. Stay tuned...Steve
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 137 admin
    Options
    @Bob225...here's the response from Pontoon Engineer Mike Farmer... 

First make sure the capacity of the trailer can handle the weight of a triple tube boat with that large of an engine.  A two tube bunk trailer may not be rated to handle the extra weight of the center tube and large motor.  If the trailer has the correct capacity rating then it could be used for this boat but it is highly recommended to add a center bunk to support the center tube or at minimum support the rear transom area.  While pulling the boat, the trailer will be bouncing from hitting bumps or dips in the road and all of the weight of that large motor will be pulling down on the transom motor pan/center tube and creating high stress areas to the welds and mounting bolts if not supported.  If the boat will only be trailered a short distance under low speeds, then it could be possible to get away with not adding the center support on the trailer, but again, I would not recommend it.

In this Discussion