Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Engine Maintenance (Under Warranty)

ftorrisi
ftorrisi Member Posts: 7 ✭✭

Our boat is only a year old.  It spent it's first winter with the place we bought it to make sure any tweaks were done by a Yamaha dealer,  however this place is far from us and we have 1 very large marina that is close that we can drive to.  We do not trailer as we live on water.  I did not realize that Yamaha engines were so specific and have special computer system etc.....I understand that any 'work' or repair I have done must be done through a Yamaha marina (in which case this marina would have to transport the engine to the Yamaha marina).  My question is, can I have my routine maintenance done at our nearby marina....like winterizing and oil changes.  I don't want to void my warranty but seems that 'normal' maintenance things should be able to be done at our nearby marina.  They take care of hundreds of boats with a variety of engines....however there is no 'yamaha' marina around us.  I should have considered this when we bought the boat.

Answers

• CRF
    CRF Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    I have had a 20 hour and 100 hour done by a non-Yamaha guy that comes to you. He still had a laptop with a program he could plug into the Yamaha OB.
  • jetfixer
    jetfixer Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    There is nothing in the warranty about having to go to a Yamaha Service Center. You can do the work yourself. While under warranty, it's best to use all genuine Yamaha parts and oils, and keep the receipts.