Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

what prop do i need

riverrat
riverrat Member Posts: 6
i have a sweetwater 2015 SLC with a 115 mercury 4 stroke, 27" pontoons and lifting strakes. I would like some suggestions on what prop should be on this boat. I use the boat to run up and down the river, no tubes or skiers. I currently have a 13 pitch prop and the engine hits the rev limiter with 2 people on the boat. I am thinking about a 14 pitch 4 blade prop.

Comments

• jetfixer
    jetfixer Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    Use this: http://turningpointpropellers.com/PROPWIZARD/
    I have a 2015 Aqua Patio with the triple 27"s and a Yamaha 150. Using their recommendation, I got the 14x15 4 blade stainless and it works way better than the stock prop.
  • riverrat
    they recommend the same prop I have on the boat, so that's no good. I think I am going to try a 13.25 x 13 4 blade prop. it is my understanding that the additional blade will lower my WOT RPM down a little.
  • jetfixer
    jetfixer Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    They might be recommending the same diameter and pitch, but their blade shapes, rake angles, and cupping are designed for pontoons. The stock propeller is generic. That motor could have been installed on anything. The four blade will slow the wot rpm.
  • riverrat
    Update I put a 13.5 x 15 prop on my boat and could'nt be happier. RPM is 5800 max and with 2 people on the boat it runs 35 mph on my GPS
  • Ddancers
    Ddancers Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
    riverrat what length is your boat and how many tubes?
  • Ddancers
    Ddancers Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Have 15 3/4 - 13 pitch Yamaha Salt water series on a LF150 Yam . Bite the water like a tiger - 5600 RPM max