Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

New 2020 gas caps

ElDiabloJoe
ElDiabloJoe Member Posts: 5
I see my new 2020 Godfrey has a newer style gas cap. It hinges to the side but stays attached when open, like a porthole window.  

Mine has trouble staying closed. The latch does not work very well. In fact, it "pops" back open a few seconds after closing, almost every time.

Anyone else with this issue or is there a fix known/in the works?

Thanks!

Joe

Comments

• ElDiabloJoe
    ElDiabloJoe Member Posts: 5
    Since it has been 5 months since I posted this, and NO ONE has responded, I thought I would let future readers know that the fix is very easy. Your dealership (or you) can tighten the little spring doo-hickey inside the gas cap door to adjust how strongly the latch catches. Hope this helps.  As for you Godfrey, if you're gonna have a forum like this to assist and inform owners, at least have someone monitor it and TRY to contribute. thankyouverymuch.
  • rickycobble
    rickycobble Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I have the hinged gas cap on my 2021 Godfrey.  It will not stay latched. Do you have to take the gas cap apart to tighten the spring on the latch or is it easily accessible?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] USAPosts: 0 admin
    Thanks for answering this @ElDiabloJoe. We did not have anyone monitoring this forum at the time this was posted so we appreciate the help. 
  • JLG568
    JLG568 Member Posts: 1
    I just picked up my new monarch. Where is the gas cap?