Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

What is my official boat model?

theringnebula
theringnebula Member Posts: 1
I purchased a used Godfrey pontoon boat. The HIN is GDY1675C1899. I'm told the year is 1999 and the marking on the boat say Sweetwater 20RE. I'm trying to find a cover for the boat but there is no model that matches that so I'm thinking that is not the full model name. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Answers

• sdreffs
    sdreffs Member Posts: 2

HINs By The Numbers

A typical hull identification number (HIN) consists of 12 letters and numbers, as in ABC12345D404.

Here's what the letters and numbers mean:

ABC: This is the U.S. Coast Guard-assigned manufacturer identification code (MIC). Go to the USCG Manufacturers Indentification page to access the Coast Guard's MIC database.

12345: This is the serial number assigned to the hull by the manufacturer. This may be a combination of letters and numbers. The letters "I," "O," and "Q" are excluded because they could be mistaken for numbers.

D: This is the month of certification, indicating the month in which construction began. "A" represents January and "L" represents December. In our example, "D" means April.

4: This is the year of certification. The number is the last digit of the year in which the boat was built. "4" in this case designates 2004.

04: This indicates the boat's model year.

In this Discussion