Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Filling fuel tank

Options
Corotw
Corotw Confirm Email, Member Posts: 2
2023 2286SBX. Other than blaming the EPA required vapor collection system, is there a method of getting fuel into the tank?? Currently, more fuel pukes out of the filler neck an into the water than goes into the tank. 

Answers

• Corotw
    Corotw Confirm Email, Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Update. 
    Dealer replaced fuel sending unit and fuel gage on helm. Now, that the fuel gage is functioning correctly, the issue was the fuel tank was full. 
    I ran the boat to use a little more than 1/4 tank of gas. Had no issue refueling with 10 gallons and gage registered full. Problem solved by dealer tech. 
  • nick
    nick Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I figured it out! After paying big bucks to have the carbon vapor filter replaced on my 2015 Sweetwater, I found the hose running from the filler cap to the tank had drooped down in two places causing P traps in the line. I could not fuel it as these restrictions were causing the gas to collect and obstruct its flow to the tank. We simply took off one aluminum panel on the port side toward the stern and saw the hose. One can reach in and pull the hose upward and strap and screw with self threaders to eliminate the P trap effect. It works! Now the fuel runs through the hose into the tank. 

In this Discussion