Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

22DL Sweetwater 2013

ftorrisi
ftorrisi Member Posts: 7 ✭✭

Hi, we bought our boat last year.  We're really having problems with where to put bumpers.  Right now they are attached to the cleats (2 aft, 2 bow) but they really can't hang as they're too close to the water.  Also, pulling them up is a problem as I have to go out on the platform to do anything.  There doesn't seem to be any way to  hang them from the railing as the seats are very tight.  There is also a door only on one side so the seat is taking up most of the side.  Just a little frustrated.

I've been used to hanging my bumpers from the railing and just throwing them over when we dock and pulling them up when we're boating.  Now I can't seem to do that.  There's no place to put a mid-ship bumper either and seems important on a 24' boat.  Your suggestions??  Please feel free to e-mail me at fmtorrisi@yahoo.com.  We are not very 'handy' people so drilling into things or complicated installations are not going to work.  If you have a specific product in mind, please send the link.

Tagged:

Answers

• mreddyspag
    mreddyspag Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    I have a Sweetwater 220 PE and had the same issue!  I know exactly what you mean.  I ended up putting small cleats on each side at three spots on top of the square rails.  This seems to be the best solution, but there was some drilling required for the screws. By going on top of the rail there is no chance of rubbing on the canvas cover.  Putting them in place and removing them is very easy as well.  Sorry I do not have a picture that shows the cleats installed.
  • ftorrisi
    ftorrisi Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    I finally had 'u' cleats installed (3) on each side.  then I use clips to clip the bumpers into these u 's mounted.  Easiest solution.  I also had a mid-ship 'ring' put on the side we dock.  That way once I clip the line from the dock to the ring - I know we can tie the ends without too much trouble.