Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Anyone installed Double Canopy on Model - 240 DF or any other 2014/2015 where it's not an option

Options
Ddancers
Ddancers Member Posts: 110 ✭✭

Has anyone got a double canopy installed on the 240 DF or any other 2014/2015 where it was not an option. When I ordered my 240 DF (2015) it was very important to us to have a double canopy. We were told it wasn't an option, but it wouldn't be a problem to custom install within a week. Anyway I'm still waiting and have been told by seller that Sweetwater will send them the necessary frame for a full canopy. I have no idea why but instead of a week as promised it's now over two months waiting. I've checked around and there is an outfit on Ebay that makes 11/4 frames with canvas and is willing to adjust it if necessary, told seller, but they prefer Sweetwater so still waiting. Anyone have a special frame delivered from Sweetwater and if so how long did it take.... Or did you order somewhere else. If so how did it work out.

Comments

• Ddancers
    Options
    End Results
  • CRF
    CRF Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have never seen anyone on this website get anything from sweetwater
  • Ddancers
    Options

You may be right, dealer said ordered from Sweetwater, but I doubt it. They did the job over the winter and I fully believe they used left over inventory. In any case it cost more than promised, but I'm happy with the end results

• elvis
    elvis Member Posts: 3
    Options
    So what did you order for the front canopy? It looks like a 10 foot one just like the one over the console on seats that comes standard?
  • Ddancers
    Options

The frame and it's covering may be standard, but the attaching material is custom so that they could adapt it to the seating arrangement and original single canopy. The back canopy is totally custom. No other way to do it unless you replace the original single, which is what should have been done. However I really like the 3 canopy setup better than 2 for my use.