Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Ink from clothes transferred to Vinyl Seat

Ddancers
Ddancers Member Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi all I have a stain problem also, perhaps someone has a solution.

Just a few days out found that the ink from clothing transfer to the helm captain seat.

Just a little heart breaking to see.

Haven't found any why to remove it and I've try just about everything. I think only thing left is trying to use a light bleach. Currently exposing it for next several days to sun.

I realize cure may shorten life of vinyl  but willing to live with that as long it's not drastically shortened.

I've searched the web and others have had the same problem, but haven't found anyone shooting back with the solution. (If Any)

If you've found a fix please let me know.   May have to just look the other way.

Comments

• Ddancers

Found product that remove 90% of stain. Had I found it earlier I'm fairly sure would have removed all of stain with much less effort and less potential harm to vinyl.  It's likely my multi efforts will shorten the vinyl life, but I just couldn't live with the stain. Product:

Motsenbockers 22-oz. Spray Paint Graffiti Remover

• CRF
    CRF Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    several days in the sun, should be weeks...and I live in Florida !!
  • Ddancers

CRF I have to believe you're right - weeks not days.

I regret not acting sooner, but much of the delay was asking, and trying to find the best product recommended for vinyl. I was afraid to use the wrong product and that I might due the seat harm. You know haste makes waste. Basically there is no such product labeled marine and all the forums just give warnings on what not to use, but never come back with the answer on what finally worked. Like I said got most of it out and the best advice is take immediate action. Using a harsh product carefully is better than waiting. The longer you wait the more likely you won't be able to remove the stain or will have to work harder and do more potential damage to the vinyl.

On bad stains Motsenbockers 22-oz. Spray Paint Graffiti Remover, will save the day.

I still have 10% of the stain so if anyone finds something better, please let me know.

• Chillaxin
    Chillaxin Member Posts: 3
    Hair Spray for starters...if that doesn't work, try the GREEN can (non-chlorinated) Brakleen Brake Parts Cleaner sprayed on a rag--not on the seat.
  • Ddancers
    Very Interesting - have to give it a try -(Next Year- boat come out of slip this weekend)  :'(