Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Cleaning pontoons

Options
Captmike
Captmike Member Posts: 1

I just bought a 2006 22ft Sanpan. It is a very clean one owner boat but the pontoons look oxidized and streaked. Can anyone recommend a good aluminum cleaner to use that will remove the oxidation and streaks before I polish them. I tried polishing compound but to no avail. All I'm doing is making them shiny...

Thanks,

Capt. Mike

Comments

• RWilliams
    RWilliams Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Sharkhide Pontoon Cleaner & Sharkhide pontoon sealer
  • Boomer
    Boomer Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • jmcgregor
    jmcgregor Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I have a new Sweetwater 2286 my first!!! Question? before putting in for the summer should I pontoon sealer ...one person said just acid wash in the fall. Would like to keep looking good and clean.
  • Boomer
    Boomer Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Options
    jmcgregor just saw your post on Facebook Pontoon Boat Owners I'm Rudolph Tobbe there I'm new to pontoon boating had a Cruiser for 20 years I also have a 2015 2286 with a 115 Yahama I'm not going to use a sealer I keep my pontoon in storage and stays in the water when we are on our houseboat. I didn't even know the had a sealer.