Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

wiring accessories on dash

Options
headbunker
headbunker Member Posts: 3
I have a new 2015 Sweetwater PE 240 SD and have an electrical question.  I want to wire my fish finder and a gps on the dash.  Where are the "accessories" unused wires provided in the dash?  How do I access them?  Are they connected to a fuse, a breaker or neither?  Thanks.

Comments

• Boomer
    Boomer Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I used The accessory switch for my fish finder I jest open the door and worked under the dash if you have a tri tune the under side is covered in aluminum  you will need an extension for your cable
  • headbunker
    Options
    Thanks Boomer.  I kinda figured I might need a transducer cable extension.  As for the wiring under the dash, great advice!  I'll just crawl right through that door and work right under the dash. 
  • Boomer
    Boomer Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Believe it or not it's easier than pulling the dash they never use enough wire to lay it out in front of you. I mounter my fish finder beside the radio antenna in the small shallow dish. Be sure to run a bigger drill bit backwards in your pilot hole so your fiberglass doesn't crack on you.
  • headbunker
    Options
    Thanks again Boomer.  I wouldn't have thought to run the second drill bit backwards.  Makes sense.