Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

I need help diagnosing 2001 San Pan Ignition switch / kill switch problem

Roqetman
Roqetman Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
I took my San Pan out yesterday.  It cranked up perfectly at the dock. It has 100hp Yamaha 4 stroke engine with trim switch button on the throttle.  I got out on the lake and switched it off.  When I tried to restart it the engine would not turn over, it would just click.  I also noticed the trim switch would not work.  The trim normally works whether the switch is on or off but it was dead too.  All other accessories worked, just would not restart.  I got towed back to the dock put a battery charger on it for an hour, still nothing.  The battery is 1 year old and as I said it started perfectly when I first got to the dock.  I checked all the fuse reset buttons.  I figure it could be a bad ignition switch or kill switch but... Why is the trim switch also not working.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Comments

• CRF
    CRF Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    you might be better off posting on a Yamaha Owners forum

In this Discussion