Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Cockpit changes - AP 235SB

rjf7g
rjf7g Member Posts: 7
I just purchased a 235SB yesterday and would like to:

(1) swap out the wood grain dash panels for something else - I suspect the silver would look good as there are silver accents on the seat cushions.  Is this possible?  If so, what does it entail?  

(2) Also, is it possible to get a taller windshield?  

(3) Install a mechanism that allows you to raise and lower the captain's chair.  This is our first pontoon, so I have no idea if this is a standard part or not.

Our dealer is upgrading the fish finder for us.

Thanks!

Comments

• CRF
    CRF Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    nice looking boat...windshields and dashes are manufactured by someone other than Godfrey. Your dealer can maybe help with the windshield. I would use the new plastic spray-paint that's available for the dash. It peels off if you don't like it. I would have the color as a non reflective, not silver.
  • lovetoboat
    lovetoboat Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Welcome to the forum. There is a lot to learn from members like CRF and Boomer. I frequently pick up good ideas. Suggest a 5 or 7 inch lowrance with GPS and cover.  I like the idea of a taller wind shield but never heard or seen any.  Check to see that the seat covers or patio cover will fit if u raise the windshield .I have both a patio and separet seat covers and only use the seat covers because of the difficulty of setting up the patio cover. The dark wood grain dash panels should be easy to remove. they may get hot from the summer sun-a light nonreflective  color would be good. The flat silver is ok by me-just not shinny. There are seat bases that change height , but can be wobbley when at full height with a heavy load. Good Luck with your new toon.

In this Discussion