I test drove a 2017 SW Premium 255SB last night (same basic boat as the 240SB of years past). It was a 2 tuber with the Merc 4 stroke 150hp engine on it. My issue was with speed and RPM. The boat only did 27 mph with 3 adults on board and only hit right at 5000 rpm. This RPM seems really low considering the redline is 5800 and the loading last night would be typical weight we would have on board. So, before I buy I am wondering what prop should be on the boat and whether I can get a little more speed out of it if I turn the motor a little faster.
Also, the motor would only trim up so far at speed before it just stopped. Is that a new Merc feature? My 2015 four stroke doesn't do that. I really thought I needed to trim it up a little more to get it out of the water.
- 839 All Categories
- 5 Announcements on Godfrey Pontoon & Tritoons
- 44 Godfrey Pontoons Photo Gallery
- 329 General Discussions on Godfrey Pontoon & Tritoon Boats
- 69 Godfrey Pontoon & Tritoon Boat Engine Discussions
- 111 Electrical System Discussions for Godfrey Pontoon & Tritoons
- 280 Godfrey Pontoon & Tritoon Boat Support - Q&A
- 16 Buy & Sell Used Godfrey Pontoon Boats, Parts & Accessories
- 7 Latest News on Godfrey Pontoon & Tritoon Boats