Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Bimini top help. (Mistakes were made)

Options
HPC
HPC Member Posts: 1
Hello everyone, new to the forums, wanted to see if anybody knew where to source parts for the Bimini top. I got distracted while trying to put away everything away and didn’t put my Bimini up when leaving boat ramp(🤦🏽‍♂️). So the top caught some wind and bent one of the forward legs bent as the top came back (pics enclosed). Wanted to see if anybody know where I could just buy that tube. The rest of the Bimini is fine. No other bracket is bent or broken. 

Thanks! 

Florida man... LOL

Comments

• gbownva
    gbownva Member Posts: 9
    Options
    here's my take on your issue most boat dealers or Marina that sell pontoon boats or sweet water boats have a pile of take off frames people are replacing with power Bimini I know my locale dealer has a pile of them of course am in Virginia good luck 
  • LarryW
    LarryW Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Has this happened to anyone? Godfrey was very good about it and sent a complete new Bimini frame. The new one is already beginning to bend. I love the boat but can’t believe this is continuing to happen. 
  • dspdean
    dspdean Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Bummer.  I'm new to pontoons and Godfrey's.  Pick up a 2023 2286SBX in a couple of weeks.  Driving normal speeds with my 21' bowrider bimini up has never been a problem.  Of course that boat does over 50mph.  i am looking at getting 40mph+ on the 2286 with the Yamaha VF150.
    How fast were you driving to bend the frame like that?
    Thanks!
    Dean
  • LarryW
    Options
    I was going 32 mph and into a 6 mph wind the first time.
    Godfrey was very good about it and sent me a whole new frame. I had only been using the boat , with the new frame, two or maybe three hours when it was about to storm and I went full speed for about 1/2 mile. When I tied the boat up and looked at it. I noticed the new frame was bent. I have offered for the dealer to ask Godfrey to contact me for discussions of why it is happening and possible solutions to prevent this from happening again.
  • LarryW
    Options

Just to be clear, we are absolutely loving this boat. We already have 63 hours in the motor.
  • dagoodell
    dagoodell Member Posts: 3
    Options
    This is a huge bummer for sure.  I haven't had the bend issue as of yet, but the quick-release plastic connectors that connect the bimini frame to the rail are...well....plastic.  Great in concept, but they can't handle the weight of the top with any force (ie: wind) pushing back against them.
  • voznaj
    voznaj Member Posts: 1
    Options
    I know this is quite an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone ever found a source for the 1" square tubing? I'm in need a 24" piece that doesn't have holes.