Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Where do you mount the transducer on a pontoon?

I just bought a 220 24 foot tritoon.  The tubes have the lifting strakes mounted on them.  I have mounted a depth finder transducer on the mounting bracket but am unable to get the depth finder to work properly. I have made several adjustments per the manufactures recommendation but still can't get the depth finder to work at more than 10 mph.  Any suggestions on a mounting location?

Tagged:

Answers

• CRF
    CRF Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    I assume you have mounted it on the rear (stern) of the left (port) side.
    Should be a bolt where you can loosen & adjust the angle, that helped for me.
    Seems like boats that dont really plane, have a hard time reading the depth, maybe too much cavitation or prop turbulance.
  • Ddancers
    Ddancers Member Posts: 110 ✭✭

I don't know where they mounted it on my 240 DF, but I can say the resulting display on my Garmin echoMAp 50 is the cleanest I've ever had. No interference at all. I mounted an Garmin echo 551 DV forward on my trolling motor and it gets interference, but again the unit Godfrey installed is super clean. Perhaps a Godfrey tech will share the location.