Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Cannot refuel at dock on 2015 sweetwater premium

ekay
ekay Member Posts: 1
I have seen this issue with gas back splashing while trying to put fuel in at  dock. But don’t seem to have a solution. Read many explanations why this is happening but no answers to how to refuel without back splash. I have tried a siphon, but as soon as flow starts really good, gas flows out of fill. I have contacted my dealer, service people  and other owners. No solution is evidently available. Except, to fill the tank with a funnel 2 cups at a time. This does not seem like an acceptable solution. I am frustrated. 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] USAPosts: 0 admin
    I suggest replacing the anti siphon valve on the fuel tank first and if that does not work you'll want to check the vent line. This pressurization happens when the tank cannot vent the vapors. 
  • cjjensen
    cjjensen Member Posts: 3
    I have the same problem and can’t believe there isn’t a solution. Ekay and I can’t be the only 2 people with this problem. This past Sunday it took me 32 minutes to put in 20 gallons of fuel. Not acceptable.
  • tnikles
    tnikles Member Posts: 9
    are there replacement parts available?
    I have a 2003 Sweetwater
  • tnikles
    tnikles Member Posts: 9
    how do I replace the anti-siphon valve or check the vent line?

• sforlano
    sforlano Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2023 Monaco and same issue took an hour to put in 8 gallons a little at a time as gas kept splashing back out?  What is the fix?
  • davidj1966
    davidj1966 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2013 Sweetwater 22-200 with the same refueling problem 30 minutes for 8 gallons....has anyone found the actual fix yet?