Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

My New 2019 Sweetwater 2286 SFL / 150 Suzuki

73driver
73driver Member Posts: 5
Love the boat.  Just wish Godfrey would supply an owners manual which, from what I read, seems to be lacking.

Comments

• stevemann3
    stevemann3 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    I have the same color 2286SB with the same Suzuki 150
    one question, my motor is mounted at the lowest bolt location and I feel riding to low in the water.
    What bolt position is yours mounted?
    mine will do 39mph but the draft is quite high.

thanks for any information 
  • Gilmon
    Gilmon Member Posts: 18
    Very nice boat. Enjoy!
  • Pontoon115
    Pontoon115 Member Posts: 2
    What shaft length is your 150 hp ( 20" long shaft or 25 Ex Long shaft)?  I'm running a 20" 115HP on a Sweetwater 2186  and had the same engine on a 2013  2286 and can't keep the prop from blowing out unless the trim is all the way down.  I lowered the motor to the lowest bolt hole ( the top) and I had the same problem on both boats.  I'm running a 3 blade 13.5 X 15pitch cupped.  i can get to 30MPH with more rpm left, but if I trim up barely, try to turn, or apply more throttle, the prop starts to slip and I get nothing out of the last 1000 rpm's.  Granted, 30 out of a 115 hp and a 21' twin tube ( not a tri toon) is pretty good, but what good is it if you can't turn it?
  • backerbb
    backerbb Member Posts: 6
    Try a 4 blade prop.  You might lose a little top end, but get much better performance in turns and better hole-shot from dead start.  I went a 4-blade aluminum when I damaged my 3-blade stainless and like it alot. 

• stevemann3
    stevemann3 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    I have the exact setup. My boat was delivered on the lowest bolt setting also. I had it raised 2 holes and the ride is much drier in the rear with less splash and drag. Cavitation has never occurred.